PHP Developer, with HTML skills
We are looking for an in-house PHP Developer with design skills to join our small but hard working team, with a desire to learn new skills and expand your knowledge of the industry. Your position will include maintaining existing applications, as well as, developing new systems on your own or in a team.
Your application will not be considered if:
- No code samples or examples of work are sent
- You are a company
- You plan to work remotely
- Slice websites from Photoshop.
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Follow emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to ongoing projects.
- Cooperate with web designers and other developers on projects.
- 2+ years of proven experience (either from work, school, or independent projects) in web programming (HTML, CSS, PHP)
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development, using an MVC system.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Web application examples, and code examples.
Skills that are a plus
- SQL (MySQL)
- Linux, Apache Server Administration
- Ability to throw down in Foosball
- Upon going full time:
- 401k with employer matching
- Medical, Dental
- Paid Vacations
- Upon starting
- Flexible hours
- 15 min breaks
- Fun laid back environment